28 November 2010

Fashion Rules

Ever wondered who created all those fashion rules that so many of us live by today?

I mean who said you shouldn’t wear more than one bold statement piece of jewellery or that your shoes and handbag MUST match. I’ve been reading a lot of articles lately about do’s & don’ts and one thing I can say is that I DON’T like it.

I understand that everyone has their own opinion on style but  the best part of being stylish is being original or fearless or not really giving a damn about what someone else thinks about how you look as long as you feel  like the most beautiful girl in the world.

Now I am not asking you to go outside in your PJ’S & ladies I know that some of our nightwear may make us feel like the “most beautiful girl in the world” but I’m talking about taking a risk, bending the rules a lil, go for a smoky eye and a dramatic lip colour or wear those horizontal stripes on top.  Hey you can even try a 2 piece bikini while you at it. Rules are there well because once upon a time that was someone’s opinion on that specific topic; it doesn’t have to be yours. You can use it as a guide if you must but remember to be true to yourself. At the end of the day you still want to be able to stand tall and proud and protest just like the song by Sinatra “I did it my Way”.


THE NEW RULE IS : THERE ARE NO RULES!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment