12 December 2017

Summer Loving Nail Polish Edition

Now that SUMMER is on our doorsteps (Well from the weather in Durbs lately, you would swear it's not) and you know we gots to get our nails did to evoke those #summervibes Here's some of my favourite nail polish shades for summer:


First up is the Essence The Gel polish in You and Me a beautiful lavender colour, two coats gives u maximum effect. Very pretty and likely to flatter most skin tones. I think this would work well as a pedi colour too.
Also I used this polish without any topcoat and it lasted a good 5 days with very minimal chipping.



Next up we have a beautiful aqua shade called Juicy from Avon cosmetics if you can't get your hands on this, Essence, Sorbet and Essie have similar colours. This is the perfect pedi colour, I use it for an accent nail when I do a manicure. It's fun and bright and would complement many other colours for some cute nail art combos.


I got the Sorbet Sweet Sixteen set for Christmas last year. It really is an ideal gift for any nail polish lover like myself. There are so many cute colours with different textures. Melting Moments is one of my favourites, it's a pale nude pink. This colour would suit many skin tones. It's a very romantic colour, I think it would also go really well with a metallic rose gold accent nail.



Found the next gorgeous colour at the freshly stocked Essence stand at Dischem it even says new on it... There was only 1 left so needless to say I grabbed it pretty quickly. It's a peachy, pink nude that looks oh so fresh and cute. This seems like it would be a perfect base for a multitude of nail art designs. This shade is called Rosewood Forrest, I know! the name is as pretty as the polish.


If you know me, then you know this next colour is as bright as my personality. This one again is from Essence (what can I say, their nail polishes are awesome) it's a Matte tangerine colour and screams #summervibes. Its called Va Va Voom This colour need no accents, it stands loud and proud on its own. I sometimes put a glossy top coat on and it just makes it look a lil more special. Sinful Colours also has a similar shade called Boogie Nights, which was one of favourites for a while.


Now this last colour called Serendipity is my all time favourite it's like a greyish lilac colour and can pass off as a cool neutral, no suprises that it's from Essence Cosmetics too. It will flatter many skin tones and can be used with a multitude of colours for those of you who like to mix up their mani.

What's your summer nail polish faves, share with me below and I just might try them out❤️

6 comments:

  1. So in love with that Rosewood Forrest colour. I've never seen it at dischem though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, you can email them and they will check for stores nearby that has stock, also try Clicks and Foschini... They both stock the Essence Range

      Delete
  2. Great post Jan❤ Really brought these colours to life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pau, I can see all of these colours suiting you too

      Delete
  3. I'm literally torn between Rosewood Forrest and Melting Moments. Such gorgeous colours!
    Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gurrrl, get them both. You won't be dissapointed.

      Delete