15 January 2018

My Top 5 Beauty faves

These are the products that are must haves for my makeup bag. I can create a full look with only these products, so for me they really are the bare essentials.

Anyone who knows me won’t be surprised to learn that the very first product I will make reference to here is my Estee Lauder Double Wear (DW) foundation in the shade Sandalwood. I have managed to convert my sister and a lot of my friends to the wonders that is the DW foundation.



It comes in a variety of shades, really does last forever and leaves you with a beautiful matte finish without looking cakey. Yes, I know the R575.00 price tag is not budget friendly but honestly it’s one of the few items I would encourage someone to splurge on.

It wears well throughout the day but my T zone is very oily so I do need to blot at least once through out the day but the product does last for a good amount of time on the rest of my face. (I would say it’s roughly 6 hours before you can see the signs of it fading away).

This is after 5 hours of wear

Now many makeup lovers out there love Mac lipsticks. Their lipsticks are of a superior quality, offers great colour payoff and comes in various finishes. Now I know it's a little expensive at R220.00 a pop but if you wanna spoil yourself sometimes, then why not.

The Viva Glam III is a beautiful every day colour, it’s moisturising and will suit many skin tones. You can amp up the colour with a lipliner but I mostly use it on its own and I’m good to go.

This lip colour is a raisin mauve and has just enough punch to be noticeable. It compliments many eye makeup looks, although you can use it without doing up your entire face. You can also sheer it out a bit with some lip gloss.





The Maybelline FitMe Matte and Poreless powders have been causing up a storm since they launched in SA last year. The 1st thing I love about this powder is the shade range, there are great shades for women of colour. I use the shade Caramel. At R99.95 it’s super affordable and I love how finely milled this powder is, it really does minimize pores and gives a naturally filtered look to your skin.


A good black eyeliner is a staple in any makeup purse and I have tried a few but these ones from Avon are my favourite. The Avon Glimmerstick in blackest black is a beauty, I use it to topline and line my lower water line. It’s an intense black that lasts through out the day, also very affordable as I usually get it on sale at R34.95 each.




I found this blush by Design Cosmetics (Edgars) and it was really really pretty and was also quite affordable (R29.95) and then it became one of my favorites. It's a rose shade called Fudge. I even use it as a transition shade. It} really gives a good wash of colour although you can build it up. It also works really beautifully under your highlighter.




No comments:

Post a Comment