21 August 2018

No Kids No Legacy...

So being a 30 something woman, married for just over 3 years now, a question I get asked a lot is "when are you having children", now I know there are many women out there who dread this question. I on the other hand am ok with being asked this, my answer which I firmly believe in, is simple, I will have kids when God wants me to and it fulfills his amazing plan for my life.

Although I'm patiently waiting for when that happens, the other night I was thinking. Since I don't have any kids as yet, does this mean I don't have a legacy to leave behind?

Heavy thought I know, then I remembered a great woman who was such a driving force in my life.
She was my aunt who was always so busy taking care of everyone that she didn't marry or have any kids. Although we were virtually her kids by association.

Whenever I think of her, I remember how kind she was, always helping others, always sharing even though she may not have had much.

She was fierce and resilient, motivating and passionate. Full of life and never backed down from a challenge. She took what life threw at her and she made the most of it, she taught us all to do the same.

Sadly she passed away 17 years ago and now thinking of her assures me that even without any kids, I can still leave behind a legacy infact I  have a responsibility to leave behind a great one.



It's a good thing to be known as someone who made a success of your life but is that your legacy? I think not

Your legacy is the way you make people feel, the knowledge you impart onto others. The helping hands you offer to those in need. The smiles you leave on people's faces when they think of you and the ability to inspire people to leave a legacy of their own.

Your legacy is the space you leave behind that no one can fill.


So here's to living a life today that your future self will be proud of♥️

4 comments:

  1. Megan D(aka the bloggers sister)21 August 2018 at 18:55

    This post made me cry. Indeed our aunt was just as much a mother to us as our own mum and most of the time alot nicer.lol Don't forget that we too have the privilege of being aunts, the thing I am most grateful for in my life. We get to leave a legacy behind thanks to them and I'd we mess them up a little we can blame our baby sister.����

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am actually unable to have kids. And yes it is final. There wont be any miracle child. So dont waste your prayers on me.bit after being married for 12 years,i realise that i need to be grateful for all the blessings i do have instead of the one thing i dont have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said!this is indeed a very current issue that many go through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a powerful and motivated blog...you really inspire us.

    ReplyDelete