28 February 2019

My Must Have Makeup Brushes - Budget Friendly Edition

Everyone who loves makeup will know the tools one uses to apply it can make all the difference. They can be quiet expensive though and sometimes even those over priced ones do not deliver when you need them to.

Now if you don't know by now, I am obsessed with makeup brushes. I can never have enough.So, I've compiled a list of my budget blasting makeup brushes that will leave your face beat without breaking the bank.


This 7 piece eye brush set from Beauty Treats is really such a versatile, great all round set.






The 305 Tapered Blending Brush is ideal for cleaning up and softening your look while the 316 Large Shader lets you apply a good amount of product all over the lids with one sweep.
If you're looking for the perfect brow bone highlight brush then the 321 Medium Angled Shader fits the brief to the T. The 313 Eye Shader let you pack on product for maximum intensity.




The 331 Angled Brush is perfect for eyebrows and eyeliner while the 335 Eyeliner and 324 Pencil Brushes allow for precise application of inner corner highlight and to smoke out your lower lash line.You can even use them as as nifty lip brushes


The only downside with this set is that its rather difficult to get your hands on them, they retail for R99.95 at DisChem and if you spot them, grab them.


Now the brush below is featuring the new look of the Beautique Brushes from Edgars. You might recall them with those sleek silver handles.
I can't say I mind the new design, it looks fun and flirty and this new addition, Angled Contour Eye brush really is a babe.
I use this to apply my base shadow with flat part and my crease colour with the pointed end. It also allows for easy blending with its fluffiness. I can also see this working as a great concealer and nose contour brush.
At only R39.95 it's super affordable and they usually have them on 3 for 2 so it really is a bargain.


I've saved the best for last, my holy grail foundation brush is the Urban Studio Angled Contour Brush from DisChem.
This is the perfect brush for buffing in your foundation, cleaning up your contour or even using as a powder brush. It's super soft bristles are easy to wash and I have been using the one on the left for about 9 months now. I wash them twice a month and they still perform exceptionally well. There's very minimal shedding with this brush and it has a weighted handle which gives good control when working with your products.


The sleek design with rose gold ferule can rival even the most expensive brushes out there and in my opinion this is the perfect everyday brush. 
At 79.95, you can also get a back up one like me but I would say this one could last about 10 months if not longer with everyday wear, just depends on how you care for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment