16 January 2016

My Hair Heroes

Hair for me is one of the most important part of my look, if my hair doesn’t look good or my eyebrows aren’t on fleek, well then I know my look isn’t complete.
I have tried an array of hair styling products over the years. There are some that didn’t sit quite so well with me and some which I always find myself grabbing off the shelves over and over again. So without further a due here it is my list of favourite hair products:

Aussie Mega Volume Shampoo

My hair feels squeaky clean after using this shampoo. Its smells great and offers an instant volume boost without drying my hair out.

TreSemme' Mousse

This mouse smells great and can be used on wet or dry hair. I usually boost its lifting power by using a shot of hot then cold air from a blow dryer with mu head upside down. This mouse is perfect for use before curling your hair as it smooths down nasty fly aways.

Pantene Hair Soufflé

Dry hair, a result of the elements and over styling can be a real downer especially if you want your hair to look healthy. This beauty magician adds moisture without being oily, I use a few pumps before drying my hair and my hair smells wow and feels silky too.

Sunsilk Hair fall hair treatment

This tub has seen me through me long locks and shorter wisps and I adore how soft it leaves my hair. A little goes a long way and the 330ml tub usually lasts me about 6 months or more. I don’t condition after every wash but whenever I do, well this is the one I want to use.

PS If you have oily hair, you can condition your hair before shampooing.

Beauty Bonus DIY Hot Oil Treatment

You Need

  • Amla Oil
  • Coconut Oil
  • Castor Oil
  • Olive Oil

Method 

  • Mix 2 parts of other oils to 1 part castor oil in a glass container (I usually use a shot glass for this).
  • Then warm up, you can do this by placing the container in the microwave for about 5-10 seconds or safer method is to place container in hot water. I love living life on the edge and I’m also very impatient and lazy so I use the microwave.
  • Then apply to your hair, you can leave this on your hair for any amount of time preferably longer than 30 minutes. For a deeper treatment leave overnight, just make sure to sleep on a towel or old pillowcase you don’t want to stain your fine linen now.
  • Wash out as normal, for oily hair don’t condition when washing.
  • Use as often as you like but not every day.
  • PS you can add a few drops of essential oils, like peppermint or lavender to add a nice scent to this.

My Crowning Glory

1 comment:

  1. DIY treatments are my favs. They are so much more affordable compared to store bought treatments and have less chemicals. xx
    Rivania | The Glam Unicorn

    ReplyDelete